Watson’s Garden were in need of a website, their own email and some help in replacing their ageing desktop computers.
Watson’s have been family run business for over 40 years and were looking for an internet presence to increase both their commercial and retail business. A new shop in January 2015 was the perfect opportunity to kick start their website.
Watson’s asked for a simple, but eye catching website which allows them to promote the wide range of products they sell at their Bell Street premises in Otaki. They also needed the option to add information showing their regular specials.
In late 2015 I built a web-based database application which allows them to keep track of their commercial customer orders during the year. This has saved several hours a week in manual reconciliation and effectively reduced duplication of manual work to zero. Being web-based they can access the information from any device including their mobile phones.
The site was built with an easy to use content management system and includes functionality such as:
- a news section to promote specials and upcoming events;
- pages showing the various products Watson’s Garden offer at Bell Street, Otaki;
- a presence on Facebook to grow their social media profile;
- a web-based database application to track customer orders;
- logo design;
- search engine optimised pages;
- web and email hosting.